Sunday, July 25, 2021

The Taxman

On rare occasions, karma enters into our lives in such a way as to be jolting.  Just this week, I enjoyed streaming the Hulu presentation of “McCartney 3-2-1”.  For anyone who grew up with the Beatles, it is an informative and entertaining production.  Even though I had trouble tolerating the shameless and toady approach of the guy doing the interviewing, I watched all six (short) episodes of the docuseries and discovered new details about one of the most impactful bands in music history.  It took me back to my younger days and I heartily endorse it for your viewing pleasure.

Here’s where karma enters.  I finished watching the series last night.  This morning, while reading the news, I ran across the following article.  Taken by itself, an article like this is certainly nothing unusual. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/democratic-rep-proposes-space-tourism-tax-days-after-first-private-flights

But after watching the McCartney piece, it was impossible to ignore the prescient nature of the following Beatles song….released in 1966.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAcp83s1KN8

Democrats gonna be Democrats.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Musical HIGHLIGHTS and Political lowlights

Music is one of the great blessings in this life: and when it is done right… especially live …it can take you places like nothing else can. ...